Velaa Private Island Maldives
Bringing new meaning to “private moments”. Located within the group of islands that form Noonu Atoll, Velaa Private Island opens in the fourth quarter of 2013, bringing a new meaning to “private moments” in the Maldives. Here the essence of Maldivian culture, lifestyle and landscape meets limitless opportunities, where no request is too much, and each guest will ultimately feel that this is their own private island.
Key Resort Details
5 Star Hotel
Velaa Private Island is a unique destination. Developed to embody the very best of the Maldives, it shares its name with the generations of turtles that have made their home on our beautifully pure sandy shores. Uniquely secluded and stunningly designed, celebrating the hospitality and generosity of the Maldivian people. We provide calm for the mind, nourishment for the body and memories for the heart. Welcome to your home away from home!
- ‘Private Island’ concept on 19.6 acres of land
- All villas have butler service
- Luxurious service with a high staff to guest ratio – forty-five luxurious rooms taken care of by three hundred employees
- Thirty-four private villas, eight houses and five four-bedroom residences, fusing local materials and contemporary flourishes; each private retreat offers a generous outdoor space and a private pool. Eighteen of the villas are built over water, the exclusive Romantic Villa can only be reached by boat.
- The Velaa Private Residences offer elegant contemporary design and 1,255 square meters of private interior and exterior space, inclusive of two terraces, a pool and a courtyard
- Velaa is one of only a handful of hotels in the world to be working alongside the distinguished brand Clarins, featuring exclusive My Blend facial products and body treatments
- My Blend by Clarins products and treatments, will showcase the first ‘snow room’ in the Maldives. One of the most fascinating cooling off experiences of all awaits the sophisticated sauna-goer in My Blend Spa. Cloud-shaped reclining treatment pods by Klafs and Sha will also be featured in the spa, which slowly sway and cradle guests into deep relaxation
- An established partnership with Michelin star acclaimed Chef Adeline Grattard from Paris. Adeline will oversee the resort’s signature restaurant Aragu and Cru as well as Tavaru and the Breakfast Experience. A blend of French and Asian cuisine, supplemented by fresh local produce and the resort’s private herb garden, is being created specifically by Adeline for Velaa Private Island
- The only Troon Short Game Golf Academy in the Maldives. Designed by professional golfer and two-time Masters champion Jose Maria Olazabal, golfers can craft their game in the middle of paradise
- Full culinary experiences; three restaurants, two bars and one extensive wine cellar housed in a unique Tavaru Tower. A visually striking ivory-white tower; the first of its kind in the Maldives