Pilot Training Program
TMA Youth Development Program
Zuvana – Maldivian word for Youth
As a responsible partner to the holistic growth of Maldives, Trans Maldivian Airways (TMA) is constantly looking for symbiotic ways of growing its business. Zuvana is a Youth Development Program under which we envisage commencing initiatives to help create skilled employment in the Maldives.
As a first step, we are selecting 5 TMA Scholars to participate in the Pilot Training Program. The Program is designed exclusively for Maldivian citizens with a 100% Job Guarantee with TMA on successful completion of the course.
Most people have had the dream of being a pilot – when growing up, many give up that dream because of obstacles along the way, usually around funding and career prospects. TMA is here to remove both hurdles that probably kept you from chasing your dream! Come, be a TMA Scholar!
- Nationality: Maldivian
- Age: Between 20 – 30 years
- Education Qualification:
- ‘A’ Levels (Min: 3 ‘C’s)
- AANI Associates English Pass
Your selection as a TMA Scholar will
- Provide the opportunity to learn in an exciting environment in Canada from the best flight school instructors with support & collaboration from TMA’s experienced pilots
- Guarantee a job placement with TMA – on successful graduation from the flight school, you will start as a Pilot with TMA, the world’s largest seaplane operator
- Include you in the vibrant culture at TMA, the most progressive company in Maldives
- Change your life!
Application and Selection Process
- Application through TMA website / mailed to TMA
- Preliminary shortlist based on:
- Meeting of eligibility criteria
- Suitability for the role as assessed by TMA
- Aptitude Test
- Competency Based Interview – Panel Interview by TMA management to gauge the applicant on
- Interest in aviation and/ or mechanics
- Ability to learn & grow
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Inter-personal skills & behavior
- The selected candidate will be required to sign a service bond for 7 years
- The Zuvana Pilot Training Program is a financial assistance scheme
- TMA is effectively providing an interest free loan with a convenient and flexible repayment schedule.
- Total cost of $65,000 – $70,000 per person to be paid by TMA – this would include your travel expenses to Canada, cost of the Training Program, food, accommodation & housekeeping.
- A 7-year repayment schedule will be finalized on joining TMA as a pilot.
- Details like cost breakup, expected repayment schedule, service conditions, etc., will be provided to the shortlisted candidates as you get further in the selection process.
For any queries, please email us at email@example.com